Friday, February 3, 2012

Public Service Announcement

Did you know that when your human gives you scratches, their bodies release:

Serotonin:  fights depression
Oxytocin:  bonding hormone
Endorphins:  feeling of well being

The best way to get your human to give you scratches is to only offer snuggles while they're scratching.  When it stops, go all the way across the room to lay down--by yourself.

They'll reduce their stress and you'll both be happy!  You can read more here.

Snuggles for Scratches,

Nora B. Webster

6 comments:

  1. So you means if my mum pets me fur 22 hours of da day hers can come OFF her medicines? Bwhahahaha, oh I cracks myself up...even though I was bein' serious.

    Puddles...off to read da article

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH that PUDDLES... she just Cracks ME up. I think it is very much grrrreat to let my peeps scratch and MASSAGE me.. It leaves them sooooo relaxed and happy. It's a TOUGH Job.. butt Somebuddy has to do it. Right Nora???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nora B., you are so smart - we love those scritchies too. Not so big on the snuggles, but we can do it for the Mom.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's important to do all we can to help our humans' health. They're lost without us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special PSA!

    I'll have to do what I khan!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: Nice pikh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, woo, Nora!!! That's how I could spend the whooooooooole day!!! I love that picture of you and your mom!
    Luv,
    Dave
    PS: I must have a very healthy mom. Woo.

    ReplyDelete